Friday, March 9, 2012

basic breton

This outfit is very much inspired by the basics I see the Olsens wearing so often. Admittedly, I was only interested in trying on the shoes because they're so strikingly similar to these tan alligator slingbacks I've seen Ashley Olsen wear several times on one of my favorite sources of inspiration, Olsens Anonymous.

breton striped shirt: Gap thrifted
black skinnies: H&M
croc print pumps: Rampage thrifted




armor ring: Aldo
bunny ring: made by my talented friend Annaleise


In an effort to stay true to myself, I decided to post this outfit knowing that it's not that interesting or complex. I had only a split second to stop home after work to grab my wallet and change my shoes before heading over to happy hour at VIA for cocktails with a friend. If I'm honest with myself, the majority of the time I end up wearing basic things, basic colors, then styling them with dramatic jewelry or shoes. 


(..or just dramatic egg over-easy Hello Kitty nails:)


One last thing:
HERE I am featured on Stuff Boston's website in an outfit that pretty much embodies what I just described above.
I'm proud!

1 comment:

  1. Love the breton stripes!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete