Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today, I'm thankful

Working with people who have disabilities really puts a lot into perspective.
Today, I am truly thankful for the life I have been given.
I know it's a gift, and I want to cherish it, never taking it for granted.
I'm thankful for the family I was born into, the love of my life who I get to wake up to every morning, and the community we have found in the Woo.

I'm thankful for my health, and I want to be a good steward to the body I've been given.
I'm thankful for a sound mind, and I want to keep learning and using my knowledge and education to help and enlighten others.


I'm thankful for my youth, however fleeting it may be.

{Photo by my brother in law in Newburyport,MA}

2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, it's easy to forget to be thankful everyday. I like things like to remind me every now and again. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work with a disable woman, and it really gives you a whole new outlook on your own life. I admire everyone that works with helping other people, and am very thankful for the experience I got. Nice post!

    ReplyDelete