Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Science of Sleep

"Tonight, I'll show you how dreams are prepared. People think it's a very simple and easy process but it's a bit more complicated than that. As you can see, a very delicate combination of complex ingredients is the key. First, we put in some random thoughts. And then, we add a little bit of reminiscences of the day... mixed with some memories from the past... Love, friendships, relationships... and all those "ships", together with songs you heard during the day, things you saw, and also, uh... personal..."



I've always been so fascinated with dreams. I love what our minds come up with while we sleep.  I watched this movie earlier in the week, and really enjoyed it. The main character gets lost in his dreams, and is less and less able to differentiate between those dreams and reality. In addition to having a really interesting plot, there was lots of stop-motion animation which I love. 
So, in short:
-dreams (check!)
-stop-motion (check!)
-French (check!)
-Charlotte Gainsbourg (check! ..& I'm now in love)

At the very least, it is the artistic expression of Michel Gondry; he is communicating his perspective to us in an artistic way, and I appreciate that. I think that film is my favorite expression of art. Followed closely by photography. 


What's yours, and why?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I haven't seen this for years and now have a very strong desire to watch it! xxxxxxxx

    http://alwaysxbeing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete